Oxford, MA. – March 20, 2020 – As COVID-19 continues to affect communities across its New England service area, Aquarion is committed to doing the essential work needed to ensure safe, reliable water service for customers during these challenging times, while also protecting the health and safety of its employees and customers. Aquarion has implemented several measures to limit in-person employee interaction in its facilities, including a work-from-home requirement for employees who can do so, as well as enhanced cleaning measures at its facilities.
“Aquarion prepares for emergencies on annual basis, and is currently operating under its staffing emergency response plan and emergency pandemic plan,” said Aquarion President, Donald Morrissey.
“We are well prepared to meet our customers’ needs for the essential service Aquarion provides.”
Aquarion has taken measures to alleviate any financial concerns its customers may face by:
- Suspending customer shutoffs for nonpayment, late fees, and security deposits
- Assisting customers with its financial support programs
- Reminding customers about Aquarion’s online portal which allows them to easily check their account, pay their bill and more at their convenience
- Warning customers of increased scam activity due to the COVID-19 outbreak - customers should be wary of any unsolicited calls that threaten to shutoff water service and that demand payment by unusual means.
From an operational perspective, Aquarion is:
- Curtailing any nonessential planned work, including non-emergency, in-home appointments
- Making sure all our field resources and support staff continue to be ready in the event of an unscheduled water service disruption not related to COVID-19
Additionally, Aquarion has enacted measures and guidelines for employees to ensure its workforce remains ready to serve customers and maintain its water infrastructure, including:
- Postponing employee travel, canceling large meetings and business gatherings
- Requiring employees who can work remotely to do so, reducing in-person interaction
- Creating new procedures – including cleaning protocols – so that employees who must work from our critical facilities can do so safely
During these challenging times, Aquarion is committed to safeguarding the health and safety of its customers, employees and the communities it serves, and ensuring that it continues to provide safe and reliable water service throughout its service area.
About Aquarion Water Company:
Aquarion Water Company is the public water supply company for more than 625,000 people in 52 cities and towns throughout Connecticut, as well as serving customers in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. It is the largest investor-owned water utility in New England and among the seven largest in the U.S. based in Bridgeport, CT, it has been in the public water supply business since 1857. Across its operations, Aquarion strives to act as a responsible steward of the environment and to assist the communities it serves in promoting sustainable practices. Aquarion Water Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Eversource.