Stop by the Library and hop on the Boston Children's Hospital Bloodmobile. A short 30-minute whole blood donation can help as many as 4 children.
To donate you must be in good health and weigh at least 110 lbs. In MA, 16 year olds may donate blood but are required to have a consent form signed by a parent or legal guardian prior to donating. Print a copy of the consent form from wwwgraftonlibrary.org/events if you need it. If you are 17 and older, you just need to bring a form of photo ID with you.
How to Prepare to Donate Blood:
- Make sure you are well hydrated at the time of your donation. Try and limit the amount of caffeinated beverages you consume prior to giving blood.
- Do not donate on an empty stomach. Eat a good meal at least three hours prior to giving blood.
- Get a good nights rest prior to coming in to donate.
- If in the past your hemoglobin has been low, you can raise it by eating iron rich food.
- Remember to bring a photo ID with you when you come to donate.
Walkins are welcome, appointments are preferred. Schedule an appointment online at wwwgraftonlibrary.org/events and scroll down to July 14 or call 508-839-4649.